Thanksgiving is right around the corner and we should all be thankful for the special things in our
life. Here are a few things I'm thankful for at the moment.......
* being able to stay at home and raise my children
* having a home to raise my children in
* Phil's deployment almost being over and working soooo hard for our family
* having love and support from family and friends
* having a reason to eat lots of pumpkin pie
* my heater in the cold mornings
* having all my appliances working while Phil is out of town
* having happy, healthy children
* not having to go to the grocery store today...yeah!
* the beautiful fall weather we've had all month
* sharing a giant chocolate chip cookie with Avery for lunch
Thursday, November 5, 2009
Sunday, November 1, 2009
Halloween 2009 has come and gone. Our trick-or-treat athon was spent at Grandma Sue Sue's and Grandpa Gerry's house. Avery dressed in a ladybug fairy outfit and Callum sported Halloween PJ's with a big pumpkin on his butt. It was Avery's first Trick or Treating experience. She started out a little hesitant but soon warmed up to the idea when she realized people were giving her candy. Callum decided to catch some zzz's while his big sister ran around the neighborhood. Avery was dissapointed that after spending several hours sorting and re-sorting her candy, she didn't get any. She did walk away with a braclet and necklace for her troubles. All in all I would say that it was a spooktacular Halloween!